More Modcloth......inspiration

Good morning! Can you believe I'm back again already? hee hee.
I have decided to start a blog segment where you can find my top picks from Modcloth's newest additions. I will throw in my Anthropologie picks, as well, whenever I find something new. To start, I will show my top picks for each catagory: dresses, tops, bottoms and shoes. Then I'll show a selection of other favorites, showing off the elements that particularily appeal to me or inspire me to make one like it.
Here we go:
Modcloth
Dress:
Raspberry Fudge Dress
I love the combination of loose top and form-fitting skirt. The colors are sophisticated and comfortable, while the simple yet complicated folds and pleats add that needed bit of pizzaz.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Top: Sweet Prophecies Cardigan

There was slim pickings in the tops catagory, so I chose the one that fit me best. Vintage + School girl + Office. Gotta love ruffles and lace running down the front of a cardigan. :)


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Bottoms: Culotte Factor Romper

Slim pickings in this catagory as well. I am not particularily fond of this romper, but it beat out the poor competition.


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Shoes: On A Whim Boot

Yesterday's shoes were downright ugly, although I thought at first that the Color Odyssey Wedge was very promising. Then I clicked on it and WOW.........ugly, plastic, rainbow heels DO NOT mix with pretty blue office shoes. So I had to go with the only shoes added so far today. They are pretty cute, just not spectacular.


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Now on to my personal favorites from the first few pages........

Alex's Top Picks {for whatever reason}

Delicately Dijon Dress

I love the color, the lace at the neckline, the fact that it's made entirely from a mustard-hued lace {probably the stretch kind} but doesn't look tacky, and the nice, simple lines of the dress itself. This would be a pretty easy one to make.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Madame Speaker Dress

The colors are nice, it has simple lines and there are just a few interesting elements to make you look twice.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

The Sweeney Mod Romper

I'm not crazy about it being a romper, but I do love the top portion. I wish they sold it as a blouse instead.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Idee Fixe Blouse

I love everything about this one! The muted pink, the ruffled "sleeves", the lace and the band around the bottom. I could really use this in my wardrobe to pair with my suspender jeans or a sweater vest.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Blue-ming Beauty Dress

I wouldn't buy this one, because I'd have no place to wear it and I usually opt for straps. But just look how unique and beautiful it is!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Ripple in Still Water Skirt

This skirt is probably my favorite piece out of the bunch. I have been in the mood for pencil skirts with interesting effects ever since I made my Circus Skirt back in June {or was it July?}. This one is so cool! Just wish it had a different base fabric like wool or something more traditional.



Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Last but not least, I found these cute shoe clips on the sale page. I remember shoe clips from when I was little, but those were ugly gold or ruffly things that I clipped to my sunday shoes. These would be cute on my leather Hushpuppy flats. Very Schoolgirl. I'm sure you're sick of that phrase by now. ;-)

I may have to try these out..........

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, how lucky are we!? :) I really like the first pick--plus the name is so fun!