6/15/09

After viewing Dottieangel's apron/wraps about a dozen times, I decided to make one of my own. I'd love to buy one of hers someday, but at the moment I'm on too tight of a budget.

I started with a store bought tea towel ( I just love those things) and some cute repro fabric with puppies and kittens all over it. The striped fabrics are also new and hand frayed. I added two pockets; one on each side. The long striped pocket is perfect for holding a wooden spoon or scissors if you use it as a crafting apron, and the upper pocket is made using some new swiss dot fabric and a vintage hanky. I have quite the collection of vintage handkerchiefs and this was the perfect project to use one. :-) I also added some new vintage-looking lace and vintage ric-rac. The buttons are mostly vintage, as well. I like the way this apron turned and out and I'll probably be making some more in the future. Drop me a comment if you like it!









Ps. I wanted to put a plug in for Corra from TheMayberrySparrow. She made the stamp which I used for the tag on this apron. Didn't she do a great job for me? It looks exactly like my Umbrella Ave. logo. :-)

No comments: