Garage Sales

My family and I went on a garage sale run today; the first this year. I got up at 6 o'clock and we started out around 7:30, shopping in 3 different towns and along the highway until late afternoon. We found SO many treasures that our van's trunk was completely stuffed with packages....even to the point of blocking out the back window. It seemed that there were better sales this year, as well as some ridiculously good prices. I took $100 with me and came home with $25. THAT is saying something when you consider: #1. It's me. #2. I bought a TON of stuff.



The day started out very nicely with comfortable temps. and no rain. By afternoon the sun came out and it was almost unbearable at times. But there was a nice breeze and all-in-all, today was a perfect day for garage sales. The only thing that put a damper on it was knowing that I had to clean everything up once I got home. ;-)


I hope to post some more photos soon, but for now here's a peek at some of the treasures that I can now call my own. :)




The family's collective garage sale finds--- We were thoroughly joyful and yet disgusted with ourselves for the excess of "junk" that we drug home. ;)



My packages (I had some more in other parts of the room--- my family kept finding them while they went through their stuff)

My perfect size 11 Oxfords, brand new =$3 (I have been craving a good pair of oxfords)

Darling retro clock = $1.50




Wonderful, whimsical pincushion = $.45





A huge tub of vintage clothing patterns. They are all a size too small, but I figure it's easily remedied by using a smaller seam allowance or adding a bit onto the pieces. This woman had great taste........almost every pattern was adorable! I just hope they aren't missing pieces..........






No comments: