County Fair 2010

Well, I'm back from the fair! My mom entered most of my projects (open class)
on Wednesday while I was at work and I took the last few, that I wasn't sure what to do with, after I got off. Anyway, the family and I went down to the fairgrounds after work yesterday and spent the whole evening scouring the open class sections, taking pics, walking around the midway and eating. I ate almost an entire funnel cake by myself! But it was sooooooo good. No regrets.



As for the projects I entered.........I didn't do too bad: ;-)

















Best of Show in the sewing department! My mom accidentally gave it away when I talked to her on the phone earlier in the day, but I still didn't know which of my projects that they had chosen. I had my suspicions about this one, though. Today I found out that they were deciding between this one and the circus skirt that you saw in a previous post. I'm glad they were such a success!


Blue on everything! :D






This necklace was made by sewing over tiny pieces of material that were arranged in a shape. I used metallic gold thread. Can you tell what it's supposed to be? I had one nice lady tell me, "You can totally see it's a unicorn!" I can't see it, but................




My sister beat me out in the earrings department.





A blue and division winner for my lovely purse made with Constructivism's pattern.





Wow! I was NOT expecting this! Best of show in the Hobby Craft department, too!!!
I entered this painted silk scarf last-minute............an afterthought. Boy, am I glad I did!



I have more fair pics to share with you all, but those will have to wait for another day. It's nearing 6 o'clock and I'll be closing shop soon. So, until tomorrow...........
Ta-ta!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Alex!! You're so talented, it's no surprise you did so well! Btw, the silk scarf is so pretty--those owls are adorable! :)

2SewRetro said...

Thank you!!!!!! :D You know me and owls....... ;-) I get my photo taken for the paper tomorrow........but the vehicles are acting up, so I hope I can make it.