Here's the table again after two coats of pinkish/salmon colored paint. We've used the same color around the top of the room. I'll show that in a later post.
Phase 2 is complete!
I covered the table legs in crackling medium for phase 3 and let it dry completely before painting over it once more in flat black paint. The first time I used satin paint and it didn't do a thing. Bummer. So.........had to wipe the paint off and re-apply my layer of crackling medium (which came off with the paint). The flat paint worked like magic. I barely had enough time to swipe it on with my paint brush before it started cracking. There are places that I am not happy with, but all in all, it turned out pretty well for my first "weathered" furniture project. Close up of table leg:
I'll add more photos as the project progresses. Next step: paint the rim around the table top.